We’re happy to announce that for Edinburgh’s first edition of 8 Hours Overtime for a Good Cause, we have selected 10 projects from 10 local charities in need of professional help! Each project will be delivered by a team of 3-6 volunteers with a mix of skills and expertise in various creative areas.
The ten projects are…
- A new mobile-friendly and web accessibility compliant website for Get2Gether
- A new (animation) ad and supporting social media campaign for Scottish Adoption
- A brand messaging and communication guideline pack for The Teapot Trust
- A new website, brand identity and marketing strategy for Freedom Unlimited Enterprise
- A new website and marketing strategy for Tiphereth Trading
- A recruitment campaign and web-tools to streamline the recruitment process for People Know How
- A rebranding and revision of website for Edinburgh Social Enterprise Network
- A new website template for Edinburgh Festival of Cycling
- A new web accessibility compliant website and brand identity for Crossing Countries
- A live donating process prototype for Sustainably
More details about each organisations and their projects available here.
Volunteer profiles we are looking for:
- web developers (with or without experience in web accessibility)
- back-end developers
- graphics / animation specialists
- communication specialists (strategy, copywriting, content, etc.)
- marketing professionals (digital, social media)
- branding specialists
- recruitment specialists
… to bravely take on the 10 challenges and deliver clever solutions that will help the local charities meet their goals.
To participate as a professional volunteer
Last-minute applications welcome! To join one of the volunteering teams, fill out the application form as soon as possible. We process applications as they come in, but we will contact you soon with details about the team and project you will be working on at the 8 Hours Overtime for a Good Cause event.
PS: If you don’t know what you’re missing, have a look at this (very short) video: https://vimeo.com/62694132
After the application process is over, all applicants will be contacted with information on the next steps. Do you know someone who would want to join as well? Share this page with them!
8 Hours Overtime For A Good Cause is a yearly event at which people around the world get together in their own cities to donate 8 hours of their free time to local causes. The Edinburgh event will happen simultaneously with several other locations in the world, and we will be connecting with the other location via video. The initiative supports young creatives worldwide to meet new friends and collaboratively support local charities.